Wednesday, December 3, 2008

wandering aimlessly

torn. confused. upset. abused.

she lied to me. told me she loved me when she really loved someone else so much more that there was no room for me. and there never would be. 

she told me the truth. told me she wasn't ready. that she wasn't sure if i was what she wanted. that she really loved someone else so much more, that she wasn't sure there would be any room left for me.

he lied to me. told me he loved me when he didnt even know what love was. wasnt sure how to give it. completely ignorant on how to receive it. he never told me that he'd given almost all he had to give to her and there would be none left for me.

he told me the truth. he loved me and he proved it a million times over every single day. when i asked, he answered. i understood him. and he understood me. he told me that he'd given a lot of what he'd had to her ... but he knew in his heart that there would be enough left for me ... that is, when the time came.

dark alleys, wide streets, rain drops, rover jeeps ... im wandering ... aimlessly ...

strutting down dark alleys

running down wide streets

pretending my tears are really just rain drops

waiting to be run over by the next rover jeep

No comments: